EERI e-Affiliate Application Page
GeoHazards International (GHI) is sponsoring up to 120 e-Affiliate memberships to the Earthquake Engineering Research Institute (EERI), a U.S.-based multi-disciplinary technical society of engineers, scientists, architects, planners, government officials and more from around the world with an interest in reducing earthquake risk.
EERI’s e-Affiliate Benefits
- Complete online access to the monthly EERI Newsletter, filled with timely information on recent earthquakes, new publications, conferences and news
- Electronic access to all EERI earthquake reconnaissance reports
- Electronic access to up to two papers per issue of the prestigious quarterly peer-reviewed journal Earthquake Spectra
- Listing in EERI Membership Roster/Director and a pdf file with an abridged directory of EERI members
- Access to e-workshops on topics of interest to developing countries
- Reduced rates for all U.S. national and special conferences, meetings and technical seminars
- And more
GHI’s Selection Criteria
These are the factors GHI considers in deciding whom to sponsor. The final decisions for sponsorship are made by GHI staff.
- Nominees must reside in a low- or middle-income country that is listed as eligible for E-Affiliate Membership on EERI’s website. Download list here.
- Current EERI members (Regular, Affiliate or e-Affiliate) are not eligible for GHI-sponsored EERI e-Affiliate membership
- Applicants who are able and willing to share with colleagues or students the information and other benefits they receive from their EERI e-Affiliate Membership will be given priority
- Applicants who have worked with or currently work with GHI on a project will be given priority
- GHI will strive for geographic diversity among its sponsored members
- GHI will strive for gender balance among its sponsored members
- GHI will strive for professional diversity among its sponsored members
GHI currently is not accepting new applications for EERI e-Affiliate sponsorship. If you would like to be notified about upcoming application periods, sign up to receive GHI’s free email updates.